Sports Lionel Messi is happy at Barcelona- Luis Enrique

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has come out to defend Lionel Messi, saying that the Argentine is happy at the club despite reports that the player might want to consider a move out of the club.

Messi this week hinted that he could be open to a move away from the Nou Camp, which mounted speculations that he could leave.

The four-time Ballon D'or winner this week while speaking about his situation at Barcelona said that it was: "complicated".

"I've only heard Leo saying that he is delighted at Barca and that there is no problem at all," Luis Enrique told a news conference ahead of Barca's la Liga clash with Sevilla on Saturday.

"I am not interested in the speculation and the opinions. I just hear the message from him that he is happy and proud to play for Barca."

On why Messi has not been able to score a goal for some time,Enrique explained that they are trying to find a balance for the team.

"What we are looking for is equilibrium with the three forwards and depending on the space it determines where they play," Luis Enrique said.

"The idea is to have Leo involved as much as possible in the play so that he can do most damage."

rsz_asg-005023_-_copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back