Sports Luis Enrique takes responsibility for Barcelona's defeat to PSG

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has taken responsibility for his side's 3-2 loss to Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League Group F game on Tuesday.

The Catalans were beaten in a parked Parc Des Princes stadium,losing their first game of the season.

Enrique admitted that its not in his character to heap blames on individual players, since the execution of a game requires the team.

"I don't like to evaluate individual performances when we lose a game. We are all responsible, above all me," he said after suffering his first defeat since being appointed in the summer.

"We will analyse in depth what we did wrong to try and ensure these things don't happen again."

"We committed very clear errors in bringing the ball out from the back," added Enrique. "From set-pieces they are very strong, and when you are behind it requires an awful lot of effort to try and get back into the game."

However, he said his side were perhaps unfortunate not to come away with a draw after putting their hosts under constant pressure in the closing stages.

"We already knew their potential. They are candidates to win the Champions League; they won their league last season.

"We were up against a rival of the same level as us and the difficulties we had were normal in such a game, but in the last 25 minutes we could have equalised.

"In the end I think we could have drawn and it would have been a fair result."

Luis_Enrique_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back