Politics March 28 - Nigeria's President Jonathan Brags on CNN: 'I Will Surely Win'

Vunderkind

Social Member
President Goodluck Jonathan has stated, quite simply and straightforwardly, that in the impending elections of March 28, he will 'surely win.'

His words were exactly that: 'I will surely win.'

If you have spent some time with the pre-election polls, you'd notice the close-tie between both presidential candidates, with the other 9 (or is it ten?) candidates barely pulling their own weight behind them.

Several people had favored General Muhammadu Buhari to win in the February 14 polls, but with the extension to February 14, the elections have become enshrouded in uncertainty and the outcome of the coming election is anybody's guess.

It is in the midst of this vague apprehension that the president has told the BBC that his confidence is through the roof, so to speak, and that Nigeria is defeating the insurgents finally.

He did admit to underestimating the insurgents ab initio, but now - “they are getting weaker and weaker by the day."

“I’m very hopeful that it will not take us more than a month to recover the old territories that hitherto have been in their [Boko Haram’s] hands.”

Depending on what side of the political banquet table you sit on, this is either heartwarming or offensive news.

president jonathan big smile.jpg

Back