Sports Messi dedicates La liga all-time goals record to teammates

Barcelona player, Lionel Messi, who broke Spanish La liga all time goal scoring record over the weekend has said that the feat he achieved couldn't have been possible without the help of his team mates.

The Argentine captain broke Telmo Zarra's all-time 251 goals record to become the La liga all time goal scorer in just 289 appearances for his side, Barcelona.

"When I scored this goal, I couldn't imagine I could break any record, let alone this one previously held by the great Telmo Zarra. I was only able to achieve this because of the support I have had from so many people during my time here and I would like to dedicate this achievement to you all.

"Thanks for always being with me. I would also like to dedicate this to the people who are no longer with us anymore. I will never forget you. Thank you everyone for standing with me!", Messi posted. Marca

The four-time Ballon D'Or winner has a chance to break another record to become the all-time champions league goalscorer if he scores in his side's game against APOEL FC on Tuesday night.

rsz_asg-016638_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back