Sports Mourinho Hails Chelsea's Performance At White Hart Lane

Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho was full of praise of Eden Hazard after the Blues rescued a point at the White Hart Lane against Tottenham in Sunday's EPL fixture.

Mourinho(1).jpg

The Blues have now kept two EPL clean sheets in November following their 1-0 win over Norwich last weekend, not forgetting their 4-0 win over Maccabi Tel-Aviv in midweek's UCL game.

The Portuguese-born tactician said that his side displayed their best performance of the season so far as the Blues returned west from with a point.

"It was Eden’s best game of the season,’ declared Mourinho.

"He had a great volley with his weaker foot for the save of the match. His game was more complete, with the ball and without the ball, attacking people and attacking space. When we had to play some long balls, he was jumping and trying in the air against their two Belgian boys who are two metres tall. He did fantastically well for the team so even though not scoring, his appetite to be important in the game and enjoy the game was back today."

"If our team deserve credit for a clean sheet and I think we do, Tottenham deserve even more credit for keeping one because we were the more dangerous team, we had the best chances, and Lloris was the goalkeeper with the more work and the save of the game."

"Defensively Tottenham are good, it is difficult to play against them. They are aggressive and press and attack the opponent immediately when the opponent has the ball, many times from behind, but with the ball we were quite comfortable and were waiting for the chance on the break which we did well. If we scored one goal we would have won."

"I was looking for a winner with the team that was on the pitch. The team was dangerous, had three big chances and lots of what I call half-chances, chances you don’t see because you don’t arrive in front of the goal because you missed passes or decisions or spaces to attack, but we were almost there."

"I have to read the opponents. I know Tottenham like to press up and bring their defensive line up and the full-backs are very fast and offensive and open spaces behind them, which we wanted to exploit. I don’t think Tottenham were happy when they saw how we were playing today."

"But the next game is against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge and I have to focus on them now, to see how they defended and whether they project their full-backs forward or not. I have to study them but the message, not to Diego Costa but to every one of my players, is when we play as a team and defend as a team the team is much better. Playing the way we played, I would not be surprised if we don’t lose one of the next 10 games. The team was a team."

"The captain has been on the bench, so have Ivanovic, Cahill the vice-captain of England, Fabregas, Pedro, Oscar, Hazard the player of the season, so he is privileged I kept him in the team for all these matches. Today we thought this was the best strategy and we are happy with the decisions. If we had won 1-0 or 2-0 people would say the performance was tremendous. They won’t say that but I think they are going to say our performance was good."

"Physically Diego is fine. He is working well every day and his mood is positive. I was not expecting a player on the bench to be jumping and singing because he is not playing. Top players are not happy on the bench so his behaviour is normal and he was ready to play when we he went to warm up. I have a good relationship with him."

"We go ahead with the feeling of these performances and we have three home league games next month and two away against teams at the top. I am convinced at the end of December we will be in a different position than we are now and shorten the distance to the top teams, and our feeling will be different."

Back