Sports NFF and Keshi set to clash over Super Eagles World Cup list

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg
The Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) and Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi are headed on a war-path with the latest being disagreements over the release of the team list for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

While the technical committee of the NFF wants an immediate release of the 35-man provisional list,Keshi is believed to be stalling on it adding that he is not in a hurry to release it.

There seems to be a breakdown of communication between both parties,with Keshi accusing the NFF of not being informed about the number of players he is to submit,stating that he is only getting wind of it in the media.

“I am not in a hurry to submit the list. First, the report was that I was to submit 40 names. Now I am hearing it is 35 players. I will only submit a list of 30 players when I am ready,” Keshi was quoted as saying on Vanguard Sports.

FIFA's deadline for the submission of the World Cup list is on May 13,and the NFF initially boasted that Keshi would beat that time.

The animosity between the NFF and Keshi is well documented. Just last week,the 52-year old coach was given a query by the federation for travelling without their consent amongst other sundry issues.

Back