Sports NFF charge Falconets to beat England

rsz_pic_1_flamingoes’_training_in_baku_azerbaijan_-_copy.jpg
The Nigeria Football Federation has charged the Super Falconets to ensure they beat England when the two sides meet in the last group game of the FIFA U-20 world cup on Wednesday evening.

The nation's U-20 women national team only need a draw to progress while the English ladies who would need to win the game to progress to the quarter finals at the Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

Acting President of the Nigeria football Federation, Mike Umeh tasked the Peter Dedevbo-led team to step up their game and go all out against the English team.

“I am happy with the performance of our girls in their matches against Mexico and Korea Republic, even though there are areas in which they need to improve. They must improve on those areas to be able to beat a crack side like England.

“The NFF believes the girls are well–motivated and I have the assurance of the technical crew that they will go all out for a win,” Umeh said in Abuja.

“The players and their coaches are in very high spirits. They are not only thinking of beating England, but going all the way to claim the trophy. I believe it is possible,” Anyansi-Agwu, who is also the chairman of Enyimba, said in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back