Sports NFF confirms Leon Balogun will start training in two weeks time

Leon Balogun.jpg
The Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) on Thursday confirmed that injured Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun is making rapid progress in his recovery from an injury.

Balogun,barring any relapse will be back to football action in two weeks,on time for the Super Eagles camp for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

The Fortuna Dusserdolf player injured himself in the friendly game against Mexico on March 5,in USA while making his debut for Nigeria.

A statement from the Super Eagles' Media Officer Ben Alaiya, quoted Balogun as saying that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and his German club made his recovery possible.

“I have been doing the gym aspect. It didn’t just start. I have been going through the routine and should be doing bike next week, but the medics have said I should take it a step at a time.

“Hopefully, I should be doing ‘Cross Trainer’ next week which should prepare me for physical running in two weeks’ time.

“I have removed all encumbrances on my toe and I now walk freely,’’ Balogun was quoted as saying in the statement.

Balogun equally said that Super Eagles' coach Stephen Keshi, had been in constant touch with him.

He is believed to be one of the players penciled down by the technical crew to be taken to the World Cup.

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Back