Politics Nigeria is Capable of Dealing With Boko Haram- Buhari

L

LequteMan

download (19).jpg

Former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), when he received Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero and members of Kaduna State Security Council at his residence on Thursday said Nigeria is capable of dealing with terrorism.

According to #TheNation, the governor and the Security Council members came to sympathize with the former Nigerian leader over the attack targeted at him on his way to Daura on Wednesday.

He said, “When this question of Boko Haram started, I’m sure it was on record that the first statement I made about 18 months ago was that the sect members were not religion advocates and that what is happening basically is terrorism. This is terrorism and I hope the government will come to grip with it.

“Nigeria is capable of dealing with this. We dealt with the civil war, for 30 months, we fought and we kept Nigeria one and God willing we are going to keep Nigeria one.

“I commiserate with the families of those that died, because this thing was ignited at exactly when my car was almost side by side with this thing. When I came out, there was blood on my dress I did not know how it came about because I did not have a scratch myself, but there were dead bodies all over the place. The security tried to move me to the other side and we just got one of the vehicles passing and they brought me home.

“I hope the law enforcement agencies and the chief executives of the states will succeed in securing the country. May God help us.”

Back