Nigeria: Marijuana Now Sold in Public Places?

L

LequteMan

Are the days when it's against the law to be in possession of marijuana gone? Normally people huddle in dark corners to buy and sell marijuana and hid it in the public, but it seems things have changed.

Somewhere along the Obalende metropolis in Lagos, the following picture was allegedly taken by a close pal of a member of Nairaland, the popular online forum.

The "Nairalander" said the picture was taken at a makeshift shop along the road. This begs the question: Is cannabis now sold in the public in Nigeria?

#Nigeria #Marijuana #Weed #Cannabis #Nairaland

weed in public.jpg

@Temitope @Samod Biobaku What do you think? Is NAFDAC doing enough?

Hmmmmmm.. I've seen this before and to be honest, it is a gigantic anomaly. Weed sold like Gala and Plantain chips? Truly shocking but this is a nation where everyone looks the other way except for a couple of us; like what we're doing here - The ills of the society must be mirrored but in this case, I believe it is more into NDLEA's territory and less of NAFDAC.

Seems NDLEA is losing the battle..I see a future where little kids are getting stoned out of their minds. If kids are getting stoned..the nation will crumble in no time.

Hmmmmmm.. I've seen this before and to be honest, it is a gigantic anomaly. Weed sold like Gala and Plantain chips? Truly shocking but this is a nation where everyone looks the other way except for a couple of us; like what we're doing here - The ills of the society must be mirrored but in this case, I believe it is more into NDLEA's territory and less of NAFDAC.

This is how it starts. In no time it could get to a point where , just like Plantain chips and gala, marijuana 'll be hawked in traffic.

Do you believe Nigerians- citizens, can stop the trend? Cos it's looking hopeless to me

NDLEA is still working, in fact I regard them as one of the most active agencies in Nigeria. But it seems NDLEA focuses more on where those things are being grown than where they are being sold. The policemen are meant to be the watchdog in the communities and arrest any defaulter. But how sure are we that some of the policemen too doesn't patronize those joints.

This is how it starts. In no time it could get to a point where , just like Plantain chips and gala, marijuana 'll be hawked in traffic.

Do you believe Nigerians- citizens, can stop the trend? Cos it's looking hopeless to me
Here's a clue - What happens when you try to use petrol to put out a fire? The answer to this puzzle is the same answer you get when you ask the Nigerian police to do their job. NDLEA on its own part cannot prove to me that it is a white-coloured angel with wings in this case. At best, it appears to be the lesser evil of the two.
As for the youths, they're already getting stoned. I've seen them - sniffing gums and using cough syrups for things that would amaze you.

Here's a clue - What happens when you try to use petrol to put out a fire? The answer to this puzzle is the same answer you get when you ask the Nigerian police to do their job. NDLEA on its own part cannot prove to me that it is a white-coloured angel with wings in this case. At best, it appears to be the lesser evil of the two.
As for the youths, they're already getting stoned. I've seen them - sniffing gums and using cough syrups for things that would amaze you.
So...what you're saying is.. Nigeria is doomed?

Back