Sports Nigeria May Not Qualify for AFCON 2017 - Sunday Oliseh

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - According to former Super Eagles player, Sunday Oliseh, Nigeria may not qualify for the Nations Cup in 2017 if the NFF keeps avoiding the big picture and going after goal keeper Vincent Enyeama.

Enyeama had publicly voiced security concerns concerning the venue of Nigeria's match with Chad (Nigeria won 2-0), which prompted the NFF calling for disciplinary measures against him.

Writing on his blog Oliseh faulted NFF's recent actions, saying Nigeria might miss out on AFCON 2017 if such witch-hunting continues.

sunday oliseh.jpg

“Let Nigeria leave side issues and player character and face pure football. Otherwise we might not be at the next Nations Cup again as participants but as mere spectators!”

"Nigeria is returning back from a painful setback situation of missing out on the Nations cup 2015 and barely has the qualifiers started for the next one and an opinion of it’s Captain is the latest thing to pounce upon to discredit another loyal servant in Vincent Enyeama with what hidden agenda this time?

"The love of our fatherland and experience at the repercussions,is the only treason why i feel i should share my fear with you all as we desperately need to be present at the next Nations cup and do well!

Back