Sports Nigeria will qualify for Olympics despite all odds- Samson Siasia

Nigeria U-23 coach, Samson Siasia has admitted that qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will not be an easy task.
SiaOnee.jpg

The Dream Team VI are waiting to play the winner of the game between Ghana and Congo in order to qualify for the final qualifying tournament that would hold in Senegal between 28 November and 12 December 2015.

"The Olympics ticket is not child’s play. I have been there before and I know it’s not easy to win the Olympics ticket,” Siasia told Goal.

“But with hard work, determination and the full support of everybody, I know we have the materials that will win the ticket and also go far in the competition," said Siasia who led Nigeria to silver at Beijing 2008.

The former Super Eagles and national U-20 coach explained that with hard work and determination, the team will qualify.

He also disclosed that he's already in contact with some Europe-based players that are eligible and within the age bracket whom he would extend invitation to as soon as the camping of his team commences.

Siasia is expected to arrive in Abuja today as preparations continue for the ticket which Nigeria failed to get for the London 2012 Olympics.

Caf announced on Wednesday that Senegal would host the African U23 Championship which will throw up the qualifiers for Rio 2016.

The tournament would be played at the Léopold Sedar Senghor Stadium in Dakar and the Caroline Faye Stadium in M’Bour. NFF

Back