Politics Nigeria's Police Minister Says Ekiti Rigging Tape is Authentic But...

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's Police Minister, Jelili Adesiyan said the Ekiti rigging tape which was released last week by SAHARA REPORTERS is real.

READ: [Audio] How The Nigerian Army Helped Obanikoro,Fayose Rig Ekiti Elections -SR

Speaking with PUNCH over the weekend, Adesiyan who was also featured on the tape said the the conversation in the leaked tape was an altercation between Governor Fayose and Brigadier General Aliyu Momoh and not a plot to rig.

Governor Fayose and Musliu Obanikoro, former minister of defence had earlier dismissed the audio as fake.

READ: #EkitiGate Election-Rigging Audio: Fayose Cries Out

READ: Obanikoro Reacts to Audio And Allegations That He Rigged Ekiti Elections on GEJ's Orders

Adesiyan said, ''Nigerians are not dummies. These people are mischievous; somebody recorded the scene but let everybody listen to it. Listen to it yourself and get back to me.

''Fayose accused the General who supervised the Ekiti election of taking bribe from Fayemi and APC, that was two days before the election. They called me because they said the General disarmed policemen and I told him to allow the policemen to do their job.

''I was there, Fayose was there, Otunba Omisore was there, Senator Obanikoro was there. I am not denying that there was a conversation but it was not what they are saying.

#Obanikoro #Omisore #Fayose #Adesiyan #Ekiti #EkitiGate

Jelili Adesiyan.jpg

Back