Metro NYSC Mourns as Enugu Corps Member Dies During Orientation Programme

L

LequteMan

Tragedy struck at the Enugu state NYSC orientation camp, Awgu, on Thursday as Ileaminu Yusuf, a corps member who hails from Osun state was announced dead.

Addressing corpers at the meditation ground this morning, the state coordinator of the scheme, Mr. Hilary Nasamu said Yusuf died as a result of complications arising from a dislocated disc he got after injuring himself on the football pitch.

He said Yusuf was transferred from the camp clinic to an Orthopaedic hospital in Enugu when his condition worsened.

It was soon discovered at the hospital that he had a heart condition when he was being treated, Nasamu said.

He added that he was then immediately rushed to the University of Nigeria teaching hospital, Nsukka, where his laboured heart finally gave up.

A mourning period was also announced at the camp which would last till 4pm today.

R.I.P

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=2]@Personal account[/USERGROUP]

Last edited by a moderator:
R. I. P. Yusuf aka Van Der Saar.

He was in my platoon, we were in the same team. We played football together.

He was a brother.

R. I. P.

Jesus Christ. May his soul rest in peace. No family should have to see their child through 5 years+ of tertiary education, only for the child to die while serving his country.

This hit a raw nerve.

God help us all.

Back