Politics 'Obasanjo had just N20,000 in 2009 but is One of the Richest Nigerians Today'- Edwin Clark

A

abujagirl

Ijaw Chieftain, Chief Edwin Clark, on Sunday led a group of Ijaw elders who declared their support for President Goodluck Jonathan ahead of the 2015 elections.

During the declaration,Clark spared a minute to bash former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The Ijaw chieftain said that Obasanjo had just N20, 000 in his account when he was released from Yola prison to contest the 1999 presidential election but is today one of the richest men in Nigeria.

Clark said Obasanjo is a pretender. Speaking further on issues he termed the Nigerian problem, Clark said, "I think one of the problems facing us in this country is the issue of settler and indigene. In this country nobody is superior to the other. Abuja does not belong to anybody, it belong to all of us. The money used to develop Abuja came from South-south. Because we are Nigerian, we accepted. Nobody owns it more than the other. Anybody is entitled to contest for any election in Abuja. Nobody owns this place.

"The problem with the militants started in 1998. Somebody invited the South-south youths to Abuja and they saw bridges built on land whereas in their waters there are no bridges. They went back and started the militancy.

"Don't exclude us from the scheme things, Nigeria belong to all of us, don't practice double standard. In 1983, we voted en mass for Shagari and he stayed for eight years, it was Buhari who removed him. In 1999 they said because of what they did to Abiola, they said they should compensate the South-west and Obasanjo was brought out from Yola prison and he was only having N20,000 in his account and today he is one of the richest man in Nigeria. And today he is claiming to be innocent.

"We cannot continue to feed this country and we are not ruling the country. When Obasanjo wanted Yar'Adua to become the president, he blackmail everybody.

"Many of the northerners came to me to say that Jonathan should step down and allow the North to finish their four year term and I told them you are not well.

"People think that we from the South-south are second class citizens and we say no. When we reply critics, they say we are enemies of Jonathan", Clark added.

edwin clark.jpg

Back