Politics OPC Accuses Jega of Pursuing Northern Agenda

A

abujagirl

Otunba (Dr) Gani Adams, National Coordinator, Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, has accused Prof. Attahiru Jega, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC of pursuing a northern agenda; DAILY POST reports.

Calling for Jega's sack Adams wondered why PVC collection was higher in Nigeria's North where the country is
facing security challenges than the South -west. ''This to me is not only curious but beyond thinking imagination of a reasonable mind and I believe this is fraught with evil intention'', Adams said.

Adams also faulted the creation of 30,000 new polling units in the North.

''In his ingenious but highly fraudulent stride at rigging the election, Prof Jega has gone through the back door at creating an additional 30000 polling units not known to law and designated as voting centers to deceive people having being heavily criticized by distinguished and eminent Nigerians. In a normal and sane clime this singular action is a subversion of popular interest which should have earned Prof Jega immediate removal and sack but it is surprising that that he is still determined to conduct the election.

''It is on these grounds that I found the integrity of Jega wanting and believe he is no longer an objective , sincere umpire who can conduct free and fair election in this country .

''I therefore urged the Federal government to remove and sack Professor Jega or force him to embark on his normal terminal leave'', Adams added.

#OPC #INEC #Jega

adams.jpg

Back