Politics [OPINION] Towards A United Nigeria, A Must Read For Every Biafran - Adeniyi Morakinyo

P

ProfRem

I am very disappointed when I heard the agitation of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,the leader of a separatist and the forerunner of the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB),he is also the director of Radio Biafra which its network was jammed and shutdown by the Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation(NBC).

The mounting of Biafra flag in Anambra Government house when a sitting governor is there in the last administration,surfacing of biafra currency and many more are condone in the last administration.

biafra.jpeg

These are my own observation which I dated back to the "Nigeria Civil War" or the "Biafra War" which begin on 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970 was a war fought to counter the secession of Biafra from Nigeria ,which they feel they could not coexist with the northern domination.
There was a Coup, a Counter Coup and persecution of igbo's living in the the Northern part of Nigeria in 1966.

The Control over Oil production in the Niger Delta played a vital and strategic roles.
The fact that Nigeria Oil was located in the south of the country played a major role in the eruption of the war during which medicine and food shortages in Biafra led to the death of thousands of people.

Biafra has been commonly divided into four main "Tribes" the Igbo's, the Ibibio-Efiks, the Ijaws and the Ogojas.

The modern day states that makes up Biafra from the eastern region and mid-west are Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Delta, Bayelsa, Abia, Cross river, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Ebonyi, Southern part of Ondo state, Igbanke in Edo state, Southern part of Benue state.

All these territories are independent from Nigeria and re-annexed to the African Nation following the Civil war that killed between one and three million people.
In the other hand Nigeria has gone too far to break or to divide from each other, this is not because there is no Oil deposit in the North or because we have many Elite in the West or the Northerners are influential people...Nigeria is a great country and a blessed one with various mineral resources deposited in all parts of the country which we compliment each other with our resources.
Nigeria Leaders are also working towards the unity of this country ,though in any political settings the "Moles" always surfaced whenever they are not benefiting from the governmental policy, this sets of people always Crying Wolves!!! When there is none.

After the apprehension of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Some people gathered themselves in Australia to Protest the continue detention of their leader but they later ran away when their identities were questioned.
On the 6th of November 2015, a Million Man March under the aegis of the IPOB protesting on behalf of their leader in detention.
The issue of this agitation has been a bone of contention which some southern scholars and Elite contribute immensely to this struggle, the defunct Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) was proudly supported by the Late Chinua Achebe(A Poet) which he wrote a detailed book on Biafra, title "There was a Country".

My rhetoric question is , Who are those sponsoring this criminal activities called Movement?
The Niger Delta started like this movement not until it result to kidnapping,maiming of innocent people and vandalization of pipelines, etc.

Same as the Boko Haram sect, now we have Biafra agitators.

I belief in this administration and I think this is the period some certain people needs to be question, for instance we heard some certain people who supplies foods,fuel and other things to the Boko Haram extremist were arrested but we never heard the outcome on who sent them or give them directives because we Nigerians are so gullible and we don't demand answers or feedback.

I think this administration should take into cognisance on how to react to issues and focus on crisis management with swift action, we don't pray for another Civil War in the nearest future.
The main reason for all this agitation and extremist barrier is because the previous administration really support and encourage corruption to either the politicians or individual benefactors, this brought down the administration because it lose its sanity even the then president said and I quote "Stealing is not corruption" but towards the end of the tenure there are drastic transition programme before the election was conducted in March 2015, but it 'is too late to cry when the head is been cut off'.

My advise to those or whoever or whichever country is sponsoring this motives of secession should desist from this treason act. I will also implore those Bourgeoisie and the Capitalist found in these dreadful act to channel their fund to Charity instead of sponsoring the proletariat to risk their head for their selfish purpose and what is not necessary.

As a Nation we've come this far from separating from each other, we are like Siamese twins.
We don't need to do something or engage in any act because of our selfish motives and interest or because of our religion doctrine.
We should not engage in any discord on matters which can be solve amicably...because there are many ways to kill a rat without blood letting".

Let us always think of Nigeria first and others should be second.
We should also deviate from fanatics thinking and ideas, the books you read or the doctrine you received shouldn't control you and determine your actions towards certain approach, you don't need to act just because someone translated and misinformed on a particular text in a language you are not familiar with, don't be brainwashed or act on fallacy which mostly are illusion and stop using Violent approach because it will never do this nation good.

We should think like one Nigeria and always say this Mantra every morning,God Bless Nigeria and you will have peace in your heart and you will be blessed too.

Adeniyi Morakinyo is a political analyst, columnist, freelance writer and co-founder of Jenwitemi Youth Initiative Movement(JYIM).
He holds a Bachelor degree in Political Science & Education from Ekiti State University, Nigeria.
He is @akinjomiloju on twitter.

Back