Metro Oritsejafor's Wife Claims $9.3m Arms Cash Scandal Was Set-up

A

abujagirl

Pastor Helen Oritsejafor, wife of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has disclosed that the $9.3m arms cash scandal was a set up.

Mrs Oritsejafor made the disclosure during an interview session with THE SUN, read excerpt below.

Your husband has received a lot of bashing lately. How do you react?

For us southerners, we might not really appreciate what Papa Ayo Oritsejafor is doing and the role he is playing in Christianity in Nigeria because we are not directly affected by the activities of the terrorist group, Boko Haram. Christians in the North are the ones experiencing it, they are the ones losing fathers and mothers, children; being dislocated. They are the ones who see people’s throats being cut off like chickens, their houses being burnt by petrol bombs and their young ones both boys and girls being abducted on a daily basis. They value Papa so very much. They know that whatever he is going through today is because of them. They were actually the people who came to persuade him to run for CAN presidency. The first time they came, he used wisdom for them and said he would think about it. They came back again and kept coming because they know who he is. He is a good man. If there is anything I know my husband to be, is that he is a good man to a fault, and sometimes, I really feel for him. Unfortunately, the society of nowadays does not value a man like this, especially those of us in the South. He is much respected in the North.

How did you receive the news of his jet’s involvement in the $9.3m money-for-arms saga?

I was really surprised. I didn’t even know anything about it. I didn’t even know our plane was out of the country because we leased it out to a company in Abuja so that we will be able to utilise whatever comes out of the deal for the maintenance of the plane because it is quite expensive. So, we didn’t know. Even though we read and heard some comments some people made concerning it, unknown to us that our plane was actually involved. We were really surprised just like every people. In all honesty, by the time we got to know that it was Papa’s plane, we knew that the enemies were trying to play some prank. It is natural because he is a symbol of Christianity in Nigeria. If anyone wants to move against Christianity in Nigeria, it would be easier for the one to go after the symbol. The only thing is I wasn’t expecting people to get really dirty as they did.

So you were really shocked?

The whole episode appeared as if somebody was out for some sinister joke. It’s quite obvious. Take for instance, why was it that it was Papa’s plane that would be hired? How would it be that it would be his plane of all planes in Nigeria that they needed for that mission? It’s still very baffling. Number two, it became obvious that it was orchestrated and the whole essence of it is to see how they can give him a name God has not given to him, and all because he has been a very outspoken man. I know him too well, he is a very down-to-earth person, and he doesn’t know how to hide his feelings. He is a very quiet and reserved person. But then when there is a need for him to speak about anything, he would rather confront things the way they are rather than hide behind his fingers. That is not him. I know quite a number of people have been very uncomfortable with that especially with the Boko Haram situation.

Let’s be frank, who would not be affected? You are leading a body and gradually, there seems to be an elimination of this same group of people. You would be a wicked leader not to react. So, he made every effort. He noticed that our government wasn’t really forthcoming with a lot of things; we seem to try to politicise a lot of things in Nigeria which is quite troubling. He went out of his way to address the US Congress. It was quite obvious that terrorism was being financed not just from within but from outside as well, whether to destabilise or in a way, indirectly force on Nigeria a particular religion which is quite shameful. And he was not comfortable with that. If you would know, this was injustice. So, he is now paying the price for being an outspoken man, defending his people, defending Christianity in Nigeria, and do not want Nigerians having to hide their heads later on in life because whichever way we look at it, history will tell.

Click here to read more

SOURCE: #TheSun

#Oritsejafor

CAN.jpg

Back