Metro Orphan's Horror: ‘God Saved Me from Murderous Sister-in-law’ in Jos

Sandra Chiefe

The residents of Lomak Street in Laranto area of Jos were shocked to discover that a woman had purposefully doused her late husband’s 16 year old cousin with boiling hot water after a disagreement ensued between them. Kim Henry Davou, the victim escaped with his eyes and face, leaving the rest of his body severely burned from the water.

In a statement made after the incident, the young Kim said, ‘’It was in the morning at about past 7. on the 17th of November when I lighted fire in the kitchen so that I could bath and go to church. My aunty, that is, my late cousin’s wife, lives with us. Her child had slept in my grandmother’s room and urinated on her bed. In the morning when she came to clean the urine, she used my bathing sponge instead of the rag that my grandmother asked her to use. She said that the rag was dirty, so she used my sponge which I bath with.

‘’When I saw it, I told her, ‘“aunty, this thing you did is not good. Why did you use my bathing sponge to clean the urine when grandmother told you to use the rag?’ Then she started insulting me. So I went out to the kitchen to prepare pap but she followed me and was still abusing me and told me that I will soon join my father in the grave...Then she pushed me and the pap poured on the wall. I came out to tell my grandmother about what was happening. She, my cousin’s wife, now went to the kitchen and was saying that the water I put on fire is the one that she will bath me with. So, when I got inside and my grandmother came to look at what was going on, she had already fetched the boiling water, and, before I could realize, she threw the water at me targeting my face. I dodged instinctively. If not, the boiled water could have injured the whole of my face, but, as you can see, it only affected, left part of my body."

The young boy is currently receiving treatment at Hwolarza Traditional Hospital.
Rahila David Tok, Kim's grandmother has said she has forgiven her daughter-in-law who has been arrested by the police for her part in the assault.

victim-pix-1-231x300.gif

Why do ladies hate families of their husbands? Do they feel threatened by them? This is wicked.

I think it's just poverty that's playing bad games on them. The story can't be as straight forward as it seems.

But yea...that was wickedness, no matter how angry the woman felt.

Back