Politics PDP Chieftain 'Kashamu' Replies Tinubu

A

abujagirl

Prince Buruji Kashamu, Chairman of the Organisation and Mobilisation Committee, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West, has replied Tinubu's recent call that he should travel to the United States (US) if he has nothing to hide.

According to NIGERIAN TRIBUNE, in a statement issued on Wednesday, Kashamu said, "Ordinarily, I would not want to join issues with Tinubu. Though we belong to different political parties and are both committed to our parties, we do not have any personal differences. Therefore, I do not know the reason for this unwarranted attack against my person.

"I respect the elderly and expect that the elderly would also respect the younger ones. As an experienced and elderly person, I expect that Tinubu would have undergone many experiences in life. I have also had my fair share. But that does not mean that I have any skeleton in my cupboard that would warrant anyone asking me to go to the United States if I have nothing to hide.

"I do not know why anyone would ask my party or the Federal Government to take up such a needless challenge. Let me state for the umpteenth time that the Federal Government, as represented by the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), was fully involved in the said matter.

"As you should know, before any security agency can go and testify outside the country, it must first obtain fiat from the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

"So long as the Federal Government had given evidence in my trial on the basis of the same allegations and I was exonerated and freed, any noisemaking in respect of the said matter is an unnecessary exercise in futility.

"I am a clean man who does not have anything to do with this muckraking. I know that it is election time. But, it would be good for us and, indeed, all Nigerians if we can campaign on issues, and not mudslinging based on old worn-out allegations that are unfounded.

#Kashamu #PDP #Tinubu

Kashamu.jpg

Back