Politics PDP Crisis: Why I Withdrew Support For Modu Sheriff- Fayose

L

LequteMan

Governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, revealed why he withdrew support for Ali Modu Sheriff as PDP National Chairman.

In a statement signed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, Fayose urged Mr. Sheriff, who's been removed from his position as National Chairman, to accept his removal in good faith and join others to build the party.

“I supported Senator Ali Modu Sheriff in good conscience. But when it became obvious that his continuous stay in office as the National Chairman will jeopardise the collective interest of the party, I had no option than to support his removal.

“To me, the general interest of the party overrides that of any individual and there is no how I can stand in support of any plan to sacrifice the party for any individual.

“Anyone whose ambition threatens the collective interest of the party should be removed to save the party and that’s exactly what we have done.

“I therefore urge Senator Ali Modu Sheriff to accept the dissolution of the NWC and appointment of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee in good faith and cooperate with other well-meaning members of the party to reposition it so as to achieve the much needed electoral victory in 2019.

“To Sheriff and other well-meaning members of the party, what should be important is the party and not the individual and no sacrifice should be too much for anyone to make for the party at this time,” Mr. Fayose said.

Attachments

• fayose3.jpg
    fayose3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back