Politics PDP Has Members in All Voting Units in Nigeria -President Jonathan

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday expressed optimism that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP will dominate the upcoming elections in the country; LEADERSHIP reports.

Speaking to party members at the unveiling of the PDP Volunteer Scheme at the Presidential Villa, Abuja,President Jonathan said, ''We should all be proud of our party and we should not allow others to intimidate us. We must all collectively protect and defend the interest of our party''.

''PDP is not just the largest party in Nigeria, but it is the only party that has members at all voting units; there is no other party; whether two, three, four, five parties coming together, they cannot reach that level. PDP has members in every voting unit in this country. And PDP has done well over this period. I’m happy that our state Houses of Assembly, some of them are here; the local government chairmen of the party are also here. PDP has done very well, but we have not been marketing the achievements of our party.

''Sometimes, you see people that have done nothing coming to intimidate us. Yesterday when I was in Lagos with sone young people, I told them that they can set up their own independent monitoring group to assess us; we are doing better than others''.

''If I compare the quality of Government Houses and Presidential Lodges, the ones in PDP states are better in quality; even state universities opened by PDP states are better; the PDP states are committed to education, but sometimes people come and say we have done nothing.

''And the intimidation is to the extent that even in the states where we are more, where we even have PDP governors, they come to intimidate us, and we have to resolve that we cannot allow people who are not up to us to intimidate us.

''At the state level and at the national level, we cannot compare our standards with theirs, because they have not had the experience and we will not give them the opportunity, but I know they will not do well. PDP is the only party that brings about peace in this country. And I always say that when you see people talking and you see the bitterness in their hearts, you see the frustration, the anger, and you see them as people who are already feeling guilty.

“If you don’t have a forgiving heart, if you don’t have a clean heart, you cannot rule Nigeria, because you cannot give out what you don’t have'', the President added.

#PDP #Nigeria

Goodluck Jonathan 3.jpg

Back