Politics PDP Reacts to Supreme Court's Judgement on Taraba Election

L

LequteMan

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, reacting to the Supreme Court's ruling on the Taraba election, said the Judiciary has shown that it remains the major hope for the survival of democracy in Nigeria.

Read: APC's Mama Taraba Loses to Ishaku at the Supreme Court

The court on Thursday upheld the election of Darius Ishaku by affirming the judgement of the court of appeal which had earlier also dismissed the decision of the state governorship election tribunal.

“Without such landmark judgments from the Supreme Court, perhaps there would have been no Nigeria and we salute them for their courage in delivering justice to the people.

“We therefore warn APC and the federal Government to stop insulting judiciary as there is nowhere in the world that a ruling party go about hauling abuses on the Judiciary,” PDP said in a statement by its acting chairman, Uche Secondus, on Thursday

Mr. Secondus said with the outcome of Thursday’s ruling, “all hope is not yet lost for democracy”.

Premium Times

Attachments

• pdp.jpg
    pdp.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 31
I perceive that, probably, the judiciary might have been angry with Buhari considering the recent judgements. Perhaps, President Buhari's alleged statement that "the judiciary is my headache" might have infuriated the Bench to favour the opposition party in their recent rulings. No empirical evidence, just my opinion. [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]

I perceive that, probably, the judiciary might have been angry with Buhari considering the recent judgements. Perhaps, President Buhari's alleged statement that "the judiciary is my headache" might have infuriated the Bench to favour the opposition party in their recent rulings. No empirical evidence, just my opinion. [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]
I second sire, but words are always a double edge sword, indeed the judiciary are the headache of this country when you look at it from a poor man point of view, so to speak..
Just recently, on the 1st of February to be precise a man was ordered to be remanded in kirikiri for stealing a bottle of beer valued at 250 naira, not that I encourage the act of this young man, but what is being done to those who stole billion?

Back