Metro President Buhari Orders Nigeria Army to go After Killer Herdsmen [THE NATION]

L

LequteMan

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai and the Police IG Solomon Arase to go after Fulani herdsmen currently terrorizing several communities nationwide.

He specifically condemned the attacks said to have been carried out by Fulani herdsmen in Uzo-Uwani local government of Enugu State which claimed many lives on Monday.

“Let me start by condemning in strongest terms the attacks by herdsmen in Enugu State on Monday. I deeply sympathize with those who lost their lives as well as those who lost their property.

“I have directed the Chief of Defence Staff and the Inspector – General of Police to secure all communities under attacks by herdsmen and to go after the groups terrorising innocent people all over the country. This government will not allow these attacks to continue.”

He gave the order at the presentation of the book, “Who will Love my Country” written by Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, in Abuja.

Attachments

• buhari2.jpg
    buhari2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 21
Hmmm....President Buhari is condemning attack by Fulani herdsmen but the Enugu state Police command said hoodlums attacked Enugu. Where is Nigeria's intelligent report...?

Which one do you suggest I take Sir? The president or the Enugu Police command report?

Take that of the President [as direct complaint by the Enugu State Governor at his visit to Aso Rock yesterday] as well as that of the CP [as first hand information on the situation, not speculation]. Remember, at the time of the Enugu State Governor's visit, the CP hadn't got to the root of the matter in verifying for sure that the attack wasn't perpetrated by #FulaniHerdsmen but by hoodlums. The bottom-line is for security institutions to be on top of every situation. #MyOpinion

Take that of the President [as direct complaint by the Enugu State Governor at his visit to Aso Rock yesterday] as well as that of the CP [as first hand information on the situation, not speculation]. Remember, at the time of the Enugu State Governor's visit, the CP hadn't got to the root of the matter in verifying for sure that the attack wasn't perpetrated by #FulaniHerdsmen but by hoodlums. The bottom-line is for security institutions to be on top of every situation. #MyOpinion

Are you telling me that Enugu State Police Command official release is a mere speculation?

Attachments

• HerdsmenPolice.JPG
    HerdsmenPolice.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 43
I don't understand who the president is deeply sympathizing with. With thone who lost their lives or the people who lost their loved ones. Where is composure and sincerity.?

I don't understand who the president is deeply sympathizing with. With those who lost their lives or the people who lost their loved ones. Where is composure and sincerity.?

Mr President has sent his condolences to that community and has ordered security institutions to be on top of the matter. There's no need being sentimental over the issue. Nobody is happy about it.

Back