Politics READ: Saraki's Words After Meeting With President Buhari Over 2016 Budget

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Senate President Bukola Saraki on Tuesday night led members of the National Assembly to a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Aso Rock.

Speaking after the meeting, Saraki said the budget would be passed in days.

“We just finished a meeting with the president and vice president. We came to let them know some of the solutions that we found in moving the budget process forward and we are happy to say that we have agreed on the way forward and we believe that this process will be completed in matter of days rather than weeks," he said.

“So it is good to Nigerians and all of us, we have found a way forward and in a matter of days the budget will be ready for president’s assent”

“We have committees that have been set up on our side and also on the executive side. We will engage over the next few days, to just tidy up a few loose ends and here and there and the outcome will be satisfactory to everybody.”

On when the budget will be signed Saraki said: “You heard what I have said, I said it is a matter of days and not weeks, so you can start counting the days which means that between now and Monday or Tuesday, I’m hopeful that the budget will be signed.”

Herald.ng

Attachments

• 0 (4).jpg
    0 (4).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 16
Back