Politics READ What Saraki Said After Buhari Signed 2016 Budget

A

abujagirl

Senate President Bukola Saraki was at Aso rock for the signing for the 2016 budget.

Bukola Saraki.jpg

Speaking after the budget was signed, the Senate President said, ''In the process, on a lighter side, I think a lot of officials on the sides of the executive and legislature lost some weight. Though it was not planned but I think it was a good thing as well because we have officials who are more fit here.

''On a serious note, I think we have shown again that despite the challenges, we can work together as a government that has the interest of the people that have put us here at heart. We should look at the good side more and forge ahead.

''The most important part after the signing, of course, is the implementation, to ensure that the benefits of Nigerians who waited are met. Just yesterday, a man in quarry business told me that just because of the information that the president might sign, there has been activity.

''They don’t know what is in the budget but activity has picked up, so you can see the interest of our people. So it is the responsibility of all of us to ensure implementation. It is our role to ensure that we follow the money and ensure that the document signed is fully implemented and Nigerians can benefit.”

''I want to assure Nigerians that from the comment from the mouth of the president our commitment is to see that the budget is implemented, is not just the assent is now the implementation, that is when Nigerians will begin to see the benefits. Like I said let’s focus on the good part and play less on the controversy, that is behind us now and I want to assure Nigerians that the benefit expected from this budget is implemented.”

Back