Sports Robson to miss Wimbledon and French Open to injury

British female tennis player, Laura Robson, has hinted that she will miss the Wimbledon and the French Open due to her wrist injury she will be operating on during the period of the championships.
The 20-year-old Briton suffered an injury in training while preparing for the 2014 tennis season and has not played a match since losing heavily in the first round of the Australian Open in January.

Writing on her Facebook page, Robson said: "I wanted to inform my lovely supporters that I have decided to have minor wrist surgery at the Mayo clinic with one of the best wrist doctors in the world, Dr Richard Berger.

"Dr Berger is very confident that I will be able to return to the tennis court pain free before you even have time to miss me. Although sadly, I will have to miss the French Open and Wimbledon.". She further explained that her doctor is confident she would make a come-back before the season is wrapped-up. Robson said she was sorry for the incoviniences her injurymight have caused her fans, adding that she's gone to sort things out and come out more stronger in the season.

Back