Sports Roger Federer could miss French Open to be with expectant wife

Federer.JPG
Former World number one tennis player Roger Federer has hinted that he might miss the French Open tournament in order to be with his expectant wife Mirka,when she puts to bed.

The couple announced last December that they are expecting their third child,but they didn't disclose when they baby is due.

Federer who has seventeen Grand Slam titles to his name,said that he will not hesistate to skip tennis duties to go and show support to his wife.

"It's a priority for me trying to be there, trying to support my wife," Federer said.

"I've played enough tennis matches. Missing a tournament or missing a match wouldn't change anything for me."

When asked if he is be prepared to miss the French Open for his child's birth,he added:"Yeah, let's talk about it when it would happen.

"At the moment, we hope it's not going to be that way."

Federer presently competing at the Monte Carlo Masters,defeated Radek Stepanek 6-1,6-2 to progress to the second round,where he would play against Lukas Rosol.

Meanwhile,Rafael Nadal overcame a slow start to beat Teymuraz Gabashvili 6-4, 6-1 in his own game. He will now play against Andreas Seppi in the next round.

Back