Politics Saraki Responds to Rumours He'll Contest For President in 2019

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in an interview published by Naij.com has responded to reports he's going to contest in the 2019 presidential elections.

bukola saraki2.jpg

"I have said it on record that the talk of 2019 now when we are yet to deliver on the mandate we received just last May is stupid and ungodly," he said.

"My focus and attention is on how to ensure that the eighth Senate under my leadership work with our colleagues in the House of Representatives to ensure that we partner with the executive arm to solve the problems of insecurity, unemployment, economic crisis and collapse of national infrastructure." he added.

He also said the senate is bent on reviewing all laws that relate to creating investments and ensuring that trade disputes are handled in line with world best practices.

"We want investors to look at our laws and say yes we are confident that our money is safe here. You know there are global conglomerates that are relocating from trouble areas in the Middle East and are looking towards Africa. We will draw them to Nigeria. We will initiate investor friendly legislations," he said.

Back