Sports South Africa coach believes his side can win 2015 AFCON title

After forcing the Super Eagles to a 2-2 draw at the Uyo international stadium, head coach of the Bafana Bafana national team, Shakes Ephraim Mashaba has expressed his confidence in South Africa's ability to challenge for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations title in Equatorial Guinea.

South Africa qualified for the tournament, finishing top of group A and without losing any of their six games in the qualifiers

The former South Africa U17 handler believes that he has built a team that can reach the final of the tournament having conquered strong football nations like Nigeria, Congo and Sudan.

"When we started the campaign of the qualifiers, we were only asked to help build the national team that is why you see majority of my side made up of young players,” Mashaba told Goal.com

"Now that we have qualified, we don’t want to make up the numbers because we heading there [Equatorial Guinea] to compete and we are looking forward to getting to the finals.

"We played strong teams in this group, I mean Nigeria , Sudan and Congo. They are not pushovers and having gone unbeaten, it shows my boys are ready for the Africa Cup of Nations,” he concluded.

Mashaba2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back