Politics Soyinka is More Successful as a Hunter than Political Critic -Obasanjo

A

abujagirl

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described noble laureate Wole Soyinka as a more successful hunter than political critic.

According to PREMIUM TIMES, Obasanjo made the remark in his latest autobiography titled "My Watch". In the book, Obasanjo wrote, "For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do".

"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful 'aparo' (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic, not to talk of what he would do as a politician. I take him seriously on almost all issues except on the political particularly Nigerian politics.

Wishing Soyinka more years on the earth, Obasanjo said,"If I go before him, I will bid him welcome when he arrives at the great beyond. I hope he would do the same if he succeeds in getting there before me and we find ourselves on the same side of the divide".

#Obasanjo #Soyinka

Soyinka.jpg

Back