Sports Spanish supercup: Ancelotti clear Ronaldo to face Atletico

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo will start the second leg of the Spanish Super cup against Atletico on Friday.

Ronaldo, who was substituted in the first leg of the game which ended 1-1due to a muscle strain at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday has been cleared for action Vincent de Calderon.

Ancelotti, who took over from Jose Mourinho confirmed the fitness of the Portuguese star after he trained with the squad on Thursday.

"Cristiano trained well with the group today," Ancelotti told a press conference.

"He has been training normally. He’s okay, he is available for tomorrow. He will be a starter."

"I think we have to play with a little more intensity," he added. "The second part of the game we had offensive solutions, not the first, we were slow.

"The players are all well, but I'm going to change some positions in the field.

"We tend to play against Atletico a lot. I don't think it will change the style of play we've used before. They have the advantage of the result. They'll play with the same style as the first leg."

Ancelotti also declared he would stick with a 4-3-3 system despite the new roles of Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez in the side.

Ancelotti said: "The three midfielders will be normal. You may have to change it sometimes, for different characteristics. Kroos and James have played, for example, with different characteristics, but that does not change the scheme.

"I am happy with James. He is adapting to our game, he played well in his first two games."Goal

Back