Sports Stephen Keshi was brought back on the order of President Goodluck Jonathan

Stephen Keshi was brought back as Super Eagles coach on the insistence of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Yesterday in one of the most dramatic comebacks in football, reports emerged that Keshi was returning to manage the Super Eagles, just two weeks after he was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF).

Following a week of turmoil for Nigerian football, Jonathan had a meeting with the warring factions of the NFF where peace was brokered before Chris Giwa had to withdraw his law suit against the NFF.

It is understood that the order to bring back Keshi came on Wednesday during the private meeting Jonathan had with the president of the NFF, Amaju Pinnick.

And the NFF had no option other than obeying the presidential order to reinstate Keshi.

There is no denying that Keshi is well connected within the presidency, and has their total backing.

And Keshi did admit that he couldn't say no to president Jonathan, when he mandated him to come back and coach the Super Eagles.

“If the number one citizen of this country asked me to stay back I wouldn’t want to think any other team because this is the team I captained for 14 years and have coached for some years too but sometimes you do have mixed feelings because of what is on ground” Keshi said.

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg

Back