Politics Suspended Plateau PDP Chairman Refuses to Turn in Party's Properties

A

abujagirl

Dr. Haruna Dabin, suspended state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau state has refused to return party property in his possession.

Mr Pam Sale, the party’s state secretary, had written to Dabin and requested him to return party vehicles and other property to the headquarters, but Dabin, in his response had declared that he was still the chairman of the party, pointing out that he had neither resigned, nor been removed by any one.

Speaking to newsmen, Dabin said, "I am an elected officer of the party. I am not an appointee. If and when I leave the office, the proper procedure will be followed and there will be no need for such correspondence because there will be handing over notes.

"Again, they claim that they have suspended me and later passed a vote of no confidence on me which is not possible because the PDP constitution does not give the state executive council the powers to initiate disciplinary measures against any state executive council member, much less the chairman.

"The issue of vote of no confidence is even more nebulous. That is very strange and not known in the PDP constitution. The state chairman is a member of the National Executive Council and cannot be removed by the local branch", Dabin added.

#Dabin #Plateau #PDP

pdp.jpg

Back