Metro The Oyakhilome Divorce Saga: Alleged Things Chris Said About His Wife, Anita

Vunderkind

Social Member
Yesterday, a considerable number of us were socked by the news of Anita Oyakhilome filing a suit against her husband over 'adultery' and 'unreasonable behavior.

(If you missed that story, read here:
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Files For Divorce on Grounds of Adultery)

The people 'in the know', however, must have had a hard time trying to look surprised as we read that the divorce brouhaha has been in the offing since early this year as Anita and Chris have been conspicuously appearing singly at important functions (where they would otherwise have appeared as a couple).

As TheNewsNigeria puts it, "the first indication of disharmony was the decision of Pastor Chris to relocate to South Africa while the wife, managed the Christ Embassy churches in London. She is also in-charge of her own chapter, Christ Embassy Docklands on North Woolwich, London and she is the co-Director of Love World Christian Network. This was in January. But by May, the story returned to the front pages."

The "Thick Plot"

The ever-dedicated church members denied the marital fracture, as did the charismatic pastor, but there is reason to believe that at a point, Pastor Chris had to go to London to 'organize' his sheep, believing them to have come under the influence of his estranged wife (who, at the time, was in charge of UK business.)

Now we read that Anita had long filed for divorce (in April) and that Pastor Chris has allegedly said some things about his wife while addressing pastors and deacons at the Bermondsey branch of the church on the 16th of May.

“Bitterness is prolonged and accumulated anger. My wife is always angry and bitter,”

“Some pastors’ wives think when they marry a pastor, they are equal to the pastor. My wife thinks so. As a matter of fact, Rev. Tom was her pastor before I married her and Rev. Ray and Evang. Owase were her leaders long before I married her. How come she thinks she’s senior to them now?

“I already started Christ Embassy before I married her. I didn’t marry her and said we should start Christ Embassy. I was already ‘pastoring.’ I already set my sail and knew my direction before I married her. I only said ‘come and help me.’

“Be careful of the friends you keep. My wife keeps friends who bring out the worst in her and help her see the worst in people, instead of keeping friends that will help her vision, especially as the wife of a global pastor like me.”

(All quotes are credited to #TheNewsNigeria)

The couple's marriage is about two decades old and has produced two teenage daughters named Sharon and Charlyn. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is the president of Believers' Love World Inc., which is the registered name of his Christian ministry, and Anita Oyakhilome is the vice president.

Attachments

• Pastor-Chris-Oyakhilome-With-His-Wife-Pastor-Anita.jpg
    Pastor-Chris-Oyakhilome-With-His-Wife-Pastor-Anita.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 95
Back