Politics Those Calling For Nigeria's Breakup Are Mere Noisemakers - Buhari

M

mrsam

President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday described those agitating for the breakup of Nigeria as noise makers.

Buhari made the remark while addressing troops fighting Boko Haram terrorists in Maiduguri, Borno State as part of activities marking the nation’s 57th Independence anniversary.

Noting that most of those agitating for Nigeria’s breakup were not born during the civil war, Buhari said he knew much about the nation, having participated in the 30 months civil war which began in 1967 and ended in 1970.

He also urged the Nigerian Armed Forces to remain loyal to the nation in the face of agitations from various sections of the county.

Buhari explained that such loyalty was imperative to sustain the nation’s peace and unity.

According to Buhari, “Even for selfish reasons, your loyalty ought to be to the centre, first.

“The security of this nation is in the hands of God and in the hands of the security forces.

“If you don’t stand firm, I assure you if Nigeria doesn’t exist, the first to be insecure are the security agencies because no matter how many parts Nigeria will be divided, nobody will take another general to preside over his country.

“I was involved in civil war for 30 months, I know much about this country.

“Those making noise about the stability of this country were not born then. They don’t know what it means to be a nationalist.

“I thought the only honour I can present to the military and other stakeholders on this great day is to come and address you, who are in the frontline.

“I am pleased with the Nation and responsible opinions from all over the world, congratulating this administration for the progress we have made.

“I personally thank the Governor of this state, Borno, Kashim Shettima for his courage throughout the crisis of Boko Haram insurgency.”

Attachments

• buhari.JPG
    buhari.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 17
Back