Politics Tinubu is Trying to Make Me Lose My Senate Seat For Supporting Saraki -Melaye

A

abujagirl

Dino Melaye, Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District has accused Bola Tinubu,National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC of trying to make him lose his senate seat because he supported Bukola Saraki's emergence as senate President.

dino malaye.jpg

According to Melaye, Tinubu is helping Senator Smart Adeyemi, who is currently challenging his electoral victory at the Court of Appeal.

PUNCH reports that Melaye made the accusation on Sunday in Abuja. Speaking to newsmen he said that Tinubu had contacted the immediate-past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), to take over the legal battle on behalf of Adeyemi.

''I have no regret supporting Senator Saraki and my electoral victory was ordained by God and not by man. Therefore, no mortal can reverse it. In God I trust, no matter how desperate they might be. I am privy to an electronic mail sent to Adoke by an Abuja-based senior editor who is close to Tinubu in which he forwarded the court papers filed by Smart Adeyemi at the tribunal to Adoke.

''In the said e-mail, Adoke was told to look for a trusted justice in the Court of Appeal who would be useful for Smart Adeyemi'',Melaye said.

Melaye has already won the election petition case at the tribunal, the case is currently headed to a court of law.

Back