Sports Van Gaal makes it compulsory for Manchester United players to speak English

Van Gaal.jpg
Manchester United coach Louis Van Gaal is already ringing changes at his new club mandating the players to only communicate in English Language while on the pitch.

Spanish star Juan Mata revealed that the Dutchman said they must all speak English while playing.

"We speak in English," Mata told BBC Sport. "The manager says we have to speak in English."

After their 7-0 routing of LA Galaxy in one of their pre-season game in the United States,Van Gaal revealed that they will have to be playing a 3-5-2 formation that involves the use of wing-backs.

And Mata admitted that they are adapting to the new changes from the new coach.

"The truth is we are trying to play with a new system. I don't know how much time it takes - maybe one month or two but the most important thing is to believe in what we do.

"For me personally if I play behind the two strikers it's a good position. I can look for the ball. I feel comfortable in this role.

"This system can be very dangerous. But you have to communicate and co-ordinate."

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

I don;t know whhat this development will bring, ftwere me, I'd let the players communica5te how best they deem fit.

But I trust Van Gaal to be doing the right thing.

Back