Metro What President Buhari Said at HID Awolowo's Burial Ceremony

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that late HID Awolowo deserves the attention she was receiving from home and abroad.

Speaking at the ceremony in Ikene, Buhari noted how she effectively took care of the homefront while her husband was busy around the country and throughout the world.

burial1.jpg

"Let me appreciate those who have come to participate in this ceremony. When I was in the car, I discussed it with the Ogun State governor that the late Mrs. Awolowo deserved all the nation is doing for her," he said according to Tribune.

"While Chief Awolowo was all over the country and the world, she was effectively managing the family. So, she earned this. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

"And for you that have for weeks been gathering friends, associates and facing all the logistic problems day and night, I congratulate you on a very successful burial.

"I came back last evening from Iran and I had to make sure I do not miss the last rites for Mrs. Awolowo because she earned it.

"This is the third time I have been here and I hope the family will try and continue to hold themselves together as they have been doing."

Back