Politics Why Tinubu,APC Leaders Missed Fashola's Book Launch - Lai Mohammed

A

abujagirl

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has explained why Former Governor, Bola Tinubu and other party leaders did not attend Babatunde Fashola's book launch.

Lai Mohammed.jpg

Speaking to DAILY INDEPENDENT, Mohammed said, ''I think it is mischievous for anybody to say that the leadership of APC deliberately boycotted the book launch of former Governor, Babatunde Fashola. The reality is that It is unfortunate that on the day of the launch, even though many of us were invited and had planned to attend the launch, certain events occurred that made it quite impossible.

''If you remember the deputy governor of Borno State died that weekend and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande and others had to go to Maiduguri on Monday to condole with the governor and the people of the state. From there, they went to Abuja''.

''Many of Asiwaju Tinubu’s right hand men were there. A former Commissioner for Finance, Wale Edun, was there along with other stalwarts of the party. I also know the party’s Publicity Secretary in Lagos, Joe Igbokwe was there too.

''I am not aware of any rift between the two. The news is all over the place that both of them were together on Friday at the wedding of Governor Ajimobi’s daughter''.

Back