Metro Why We Really, Really Need Shekau Alive - Presidency

Vunderkind

Social Member
The Federal Government yesterday said arresting Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram leader, alive would help to finally clear the mystery surrounding his identity.

It also said it was committed to achieving this before the general election date.

This was said by the National Information Centre (NIC) coordinator, Mr. Mike Omeri in Abuja.

Leadership says:
Omeri recalled that the group’s erstwhile spokesman, Abu Qaqa, “was mutating until it got to a point that he could not mutate anymore; because if one is taken out, they bring another one who will introduce himself as Abu Qaqa.

“That was established until it got to a point that they had to stop. Even when Qaqa was operating, Shekau was there; he now had to assume the role of commander of Boko Haram and spokesperson.

“From intelligence available and the conclusion of the military, the first Shekau was taken out and another one came. So the military say that they have taken out that one and they are going to take out this one; that there is a trend of a merger of their leadership.

“So I will believe that because I have not been there to see the two of them. They are the ones that have met the first one and they are the ones fighting to get this one this time around. So I will believe them until this war against terror finishes. So let’s get the man. That is why it is important to get him alive so that the full story would be told.”

Source: #Leadership

shekau.jpg

Back