Metro Why We're Suspicious of FG's Ceasefire Agreement with Boko Haram - Chibok Principal

Vunderkind

Social Member
Certain residents of Borno state have expressed skepticism over the recently announced ceasefire deal between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Boko Haram insurgents.

Principal of the Government Secondary School, Chibok, Asabe Kwambura, reacting to the news, said she had doubts about the agreement.

“Many of us are still forced to doubt government,” Ms. Kwambura said, “because we thought since our last meeting with the president in Abuja, these girls would have since been rescued and reunited with their parents.”

She however described the ceasefire as news that would gladden her heart if it is true.

“If what we hear is true, I will be the most grateful person to God today and always I will be the happiest person in the world to see these girls of mine return home in one piece,” she said. “Nothing will supersede my joy. But all this will not be possible if the federal government does not follow this declaration with action, honesty and sincerity.”

Click here to read more

Source: #PremiumTimes

chibok-girls-300x194.jpg

Back