Why You Shouldn’t Wear a Bra Today

A

abujagirl

Do not wear a bra today!!!.

Let your breasts breathe a little more today, give those girls the right to jingle as they please. Don't wear a bra today; it's no bra day.

No bra day isn't just a fun day, it's a special day in the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month when women are urged to leave their bras at home and let their breasts soar free. No bra day is an opportunity to further sensitize women about breast cancer and what it really means.

9 Random facts about breast cancer you should know:

• Breast cancer affects both men and women; although it is more common in women
  • Breast cancer is the top cancer in women both in the developed and the developing world
  • When breast cancer is detected early the survival rate is 98%
  • The left breast is statistically more prone to developing cancer than the right breast.
  • Regular breast examination is a must for every woman; you can try self-exams or clinical breast exams
  • One of the early and most common warning sign of breast cancer is the discovery of a new lump in the breast
  • Some risk factors associated with breast cancer include increasing age, family history of breast cancer, obesity, radiation exposure, beginning your period too early, clocking menopause too late and excessive alcohol
  • Some researchers claim that wearing a bra greatly increases your risk of developing breast cancer
  • Breast cancer is not a death sentence
If you're already at work and you have your bra on....please subtly take it off. Join millions of women all over the world and celebrate the no bra day. You deserve the freedom, your breasts deserve the jingle.

Let it be known, Jules typed this piece wearing no bra and she intends to stay braless all day.

no bra.jpg
Photo credit: The Keep Calm-0-Matic

#NoBraDay #BreastCancer

AUTHOR : Juliana Okon

Wearing two @Jules - On a more serious note, a family friend of mine, in her late twenties had a detected what felt like a lump in her breast two weeks ago but guess who discovered the lump? Her... husband! She said she had no idea what he was talking about when he told her. She went to the hospital, it was confirmed to be a lump and the Docs were quite surprised that her man could have detected a lump so small without ever having any medical experience. She was scheduled for a surgery to remove it last week. The moral of this story is... :D

Wearing two @Jules - On a more serious note, a family friend of mine, in her late twenties had a detected what felt like a lump in her breast two weeks ago but guess who discovered the lump? Her... husband! She said she had no idea what he was talking about when he told her. She went to the hospital, it was confirmed to be a lump and the Docs were quite surprised that her man could have detected a lump so small without ever having any medical experience. She was scheduled for a surgery to remove it last week. The moral of this story is... :D
allow someone touch your breast if you can't touch it daily...

allow someone touch your breast if you can't touch it daily...
Sounds good especially if he looks and sounds like Denzel Washington... and has a job - Those qualities make his hands feel better. I feel hurt whenever I hear that a lady/woman dies of cancer. :( - It feels like a Death's way of cheating.

In full support. It is important to get this information out so we can saves. Please note not all lumps are cancerous - but if you feel anything, please see a doctor immediately. There also other screening methods which your doctor can tell you about.

In full support. It is important to get this information out so we can saves. Please note not all lumps are cancerous - but if you feel anything, please see a doctor immediately. There also other screening methods which your doctor can tell you about.
@curator I totally agree. The fluid within the lump has to be tested and that's when the long needle that looks like a loooooooooong syringe (with the length of a javelin :D) is pierced into the breast and into the lump to extract some of the fluid in the lump to run further tests. @Jules and the ladies know way better than I do about this.

Back