Sports World Cup 2014: Keshi can shock the world in Brazil - Etim Esin

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg
Ex Nigerian international Etim Esin believes that Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi can make a bold statement at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Esin who was formerly Keshi's teammate in the national team,said that he can make history by becoming the first African coach to make the semifinals of the World Cup tournament.

Only last year,Keshi became the second African to win the Nations Cup trophy both as a player and a coach,second to Egypt's Mohamed El Gohary.

“I believe Keshi can emerge as the first coach to take an African team to semifinal of the World Cup,” Etim told The Punch.

“It’s possible. He has won the Africa Cup of Nations and delivered a World Cup ticket to the country and I believe he can make history in Brazil.”

He also called on the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) to show Keshi some respect and give him a free hand to work with.

“We should appreciate our own. He was the national team captain for many years and represented the country in many competitions, winning the Africa Cup of Nations (in Tunisia).

“Keshi deserves respect for what he’s done for the country and not being insulted by people without knowledge of the game.

“If Keshi says he wants Sylvanus Okpala back in his coaching staff because of what he can contribute to the team, the NFF should recall him (Okpala).”

ETIM THE HOPEFUL said:
“I believe Keshi can emerge as the first coach to take an African team to semifinal of the World Cup,”

“It’s possible. He has won the Africa Cup of Nations and delivered a World Cup ticket to the country and I believe he can make history in Brazil.”

Hehehehehe. Semi final. SERIOUSLY?

Well, with luck nothing is impossible.

Back