Metro Yomi Peters is Dead

L

LequteMan

Yomi Peters, a former captain of the defunct Stationery Stores of Lagos, is dead aged 71.

Peter has been hospitalised at the Lagos State University Hospital, Ikeja, before passing away on Wednesday from gastric cancer.

The late Peter’s ordeal was brought to public attention when his inability to defray his medical bills stalled his treatment in LASUTH.

Former Nigerian manager, Paul Hamilton according to SuperSports described Peter's death as quite disturbing, saying he will be greatly missed by Stationery Stores family, Lagos state and Nigerians.

A close confident and former LDFA chairman, Dotun Coker described Peters' death as shocking and an irreparable loss to the state and Nigeria.

"The late Yomi Peters spoke with me around 2.00am today (Wednesday) and requested that I should see him only for me to arrive at his place around 7.00am to be confronted with something else. He died exactly 8.15am at LASUTH, Ikeja.

"It's the biggest shock to me of late the death of Peters, I'll always see it as an irreparable loss.

#YomiPeters #StationeryStores #Lagos

yomipeters.jpg

Last edited:
Back