Politics “Accident is an Act of God” - Aviation Minister

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-10-8_13-2-42.png

Princess Stella Oduah, Minister of aviation, yesterday , responded to criticisms over Lagos Plane crash saying that accidents are inevitable.

According to DAILY TRUST, addressing newsmen in in Abuja yesterday, the minister said “accident is an act of God” noting that her ministry only tries its best to prevent it.

“We do not pray for accident, but it is inevitable. All we do is to do everything to ensure that we do not have accidents. But it is an act of God".

“Again, we do not speculate on the cause of accidents. Until that happens, you can’t say this is the cause or that is not the cause. But what is obvious and is the truth is that, in aviation, there are shared responsibilities starting from the man that carries your luggage to the man that makes sure your boarding pass is issued to you.

“And so the regulatory agency, the operators and the management, everybody has their responsibility and all must work in tandem for there to be an optimal, secure and safe aviation sector.

“There is no seminar or conference where Nigeria hasn’t given what you call an exemplary role. Every nation wants to emulate what we’ve done within such a short time to be able to have a safe airspace.

“What saddens me really is that the ICAO says just last week that Nigeria is well above the global average. We actually scored 65 percent. Secondly, the ICAO says Nigeria is the 12th safest aviation globally. And then, when you hear bad comments, drunk and addicts making comments that have zero bearing on reality, it’s very annoying. What I’ll advise the public really is to recognise the fact that aviation is a very professional area; you cannot listen to bad comments because they’re just unrealistic and totally untrue", she added.

*angry* Accident is an act of God? Oh ppuhleeeazze excuse me.
Doesn't she know that some, in fact MOST accidents are preventable? :mad: :mad:
Don't blame God o, blame yourself, your office and your workers. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back