Politics “My Life is in Danger” Gov. Amaechi Speaks Out on Denied Access to Government House

L

LequteMan

Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State has spoken out on his denial to his private residence in Port-Harcourt by the Nigerian Police on Thursday morning.

Speaking in an interview onBBC, he said he doesn’t know why access to his residence was denied him.

“I don’t know, it’s just impunity. The level of impunity is like we are in a military dictatorship.”

When asked if the blockage had anything to do with the president, he said: “Exactly, they just believe you’re disloyal to the president, you don’t want to support him to 2015. So they’re after me.”

“My life is in danger. “ He added “they had withdrawn some policemen from me last week, so I’m sure that if I am shot today, it will be the Nigerian police force that have acted under the instruction of the government.”

He also said the police was basically responding to the party president.

“About seven of us governors have formed the faction of the PDP because of the impunity in the party. Because of the way everyone seems to be driving us away from the party because they suspect we were not supporting the president for 2015.” He said when asked if all the recent happenings was because of PDP’s split.

Shedding morel light on the Thursday’s incidence, he said “They stopped me from getting in. I came down to identify myself, they refused and I asked why and they said they were acting on orders from above.”

Attachments

• rotimii.jpg
    rotimii.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 9
Back