Politics “This is the highest level of corruption in the history of Nigeria” – Amaechi, on Oil Theft

Vunderkind

Social Member
Amaechi-British-Envoy-300x194.jpg

Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has called on the Federal Government to fight oil theft and financial diversion in the country.
Amaechi spoke Tuesday when the British Minister for Africa and Member of Parliament, Mark Simmonds visited him in Port Harcourt, Tuesday

Amaechi recalled that his administration had procured two surveillance helicopters that would assist the Federal Government to fight oil theft, but expressed disappointment over the inability of the Federal Government to ensure it’s arrival to the state.

According to him, “I don’t know how much you have seen about oil theft, and I don’t know if the Federal Government is serious about combating oil theft. Why I say this is that for two years now, the federal government has refused entry into the country, two surveillance helicopters paid for by the Rivers State Government. These helicopters have cameras and their job is to fly all over and whomever that is stealing oil, you will see. And the helicopter will have a monitor with the Army, Police, Airforce and with the Department of State Security(DSS) ….”

Click to Read More on the Daily Post

Back