World 10 Highlights From Hilary Clinton Vs Donald Trump Debate

A

abujagirl

US presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton had their first debate early this morning. The debate which lasted for about 90minutes was held at Hofstra University in New York.

1. The opening handshake

Hilary and Trump looked almost cuddly like old reuniting during the opening handshake.

trump n clinton.jpg

2. When Clinton hit Trump on his Tax policy

Trump wants to cut corporate tax rates from 35 per cent to 15 per cent in order to stop jobs from leaving the United States. Clinton replied by hitting Trump's wealthy background.

She said, "The kind of plan that Donald has put forth would be trickle down economics all over again ... I call it Trumped up trickle down. We come at it from somewhat different perspectives. I understand that. Donald was very fortunate in his life and that is all to his benefit. He started his business with $14 million borrowed from his father.

3. Trump accused Hilary of giving ISIS information

Republican candidate, Trump got really riled up and accused Hilary of posting the United States action plan against ISIS on her website. According to him "You're telling the enemy everything you want to do"

4. Hilary called out Trump for racism

Hilary said Trump has "A long record of engaging in racist behavior". She pointed out a 1973 Department of Justice lawsuit accusing him of discrimination for not renting apartments he ran to black people.

5. Trump tried to blame Clinton for Obama's birth controversy

For years, Trump has denied that President Barack Obama had been born in the United States, until last week when he backtracked. When the issue was brought up at the debate, Trump said, "Nobody was pressing it. Nobody was caring much about it. I figured you'd ask the question tonight, of course. But nobody was caring much about it. But I was the one that got him to produce the birth certificate and I think I did a good job''.

6. Hilary and Trump clashed on his tax returns

Hilary started her argument with, "You've got to ask yourself, why won't he release tax returns?".

Trump replied, "I will release my tax returns against my lawyer's wishes, when she [Mrs Clinton] releases her 33,000 emails that have been deleted. As soon as she releases them, I will release my tax returns."

7. Gender wars

Hilary accused Trump of being negative towards women. "This is a man who has called women pigs, slobs and dogs,'' Hilary said. Trump had no good come back for that one.

8. They both agreed on gun control

Hilary and Trump share similar views on gun control. Hilary said, "We need comprehensive background checks and we need to keep guns out of the hands of those who will do harm and we finally need to pass a prohibition on anyone who is on the terrorist watch list from being able to buy a gun in our country''.

Trump agreed. "If you are too dangerous to fly, you are too dangerous to buy a gun. A lot of people within my own party want to give certain rights to people on watch lists and no fly lists. I agree with you," he said.

"When a person is on a watch list or a no fly list, and I have the endorsement of the NRA, which I am proud of. They are good people protecting the second amendment. But we have to look strongly at no fly lists and watch lists and when people are on there, we will help them get off legally."

9. Hilary doesn't have the 'Presidential look''

Trump and Hilary got into an argument on the Presidential look. Trump said Clinton lacked the "stamina" necessary to be commander in chief.

Clinton responded by invoking a litany of comments Trump has made about women, "He loves beauty contests, hanging around them," she said.

10. Trump coyly tried to bring up Hilary's illness

Trump tried to bash Hilary for taking time off the debate.

She hit him back with, "Well, as soon as he travels to 112 countries and negotiates and peace deal, a ceasefire, a release of dissidents, an opening of new opportunities in nations around the world, or even spends 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee, he can talk to me about stamina''.

Back