10 Unbelievably Simple Ways to Make Money Now (Part 1)

Innovictor

make-money-roadsign480-main_Full.jpg

We could find needs for extra cash and I doubt if many people have the luxury of extra cash, considering the high rate of unemployment in the country. However, as someone who has not applied for a traditional job since graduating two years ago ;yet, living a fairly comfortable life (I bought my first car at 25 in an all-cash, no-debt transaction last year), I think I am qualified to provide insight on how to make money.

Now, if you were expecting me to say, "go rob a bank" I'm afraid this is not that kind of post. Of course, robbing a bank might be a "simple" way to make some money now, but I think that's probably the easiest route to jail. If you'll love to make money without much stress and without courting the possibility of going to jail, I have listed 10 unbelievably simple ways to make money now; yes, I mean NOW.

1. Find Stuff You are not Using and Sell on OLX

You won’t believe how much cash you have lying around the house in the items that you consider junk and are no longer using. Remember that old fan, the small generator in the garage, those duty-free wristwatches that Uncle Ade brought from U.K.

One man's junk is another man's treasure and you could make a tidy sum from selling those "junk". Take some pictures, post the item on www.olx.com.ng and meet up with potential buyers.

2. Walk, Exercise, and Board Dogs

If you live in or close to a pet-friendly neighborhood, you can make a decent money providing services for dog owners. You could offer to walk their dogs, take the large dogs for runs, and offer boarding services when the owners are travelling out of state.

At the basic level, should make a tidy sum weekly depending on the forces of demand and supply. However, you should be ready to incorporate and obtain insurance coverage as your business expands.

3. Babysit for Your Neighbors

Many of your neighbors would love a "me-time" or couple getaway without the kids once in a while and you can make money by babysitting the kids while the parents are away. You need to be someone of impeccable character, friendly and with ready guarantors if you want to be considered for babysitting gigs.

4. Sell Used Textbooks

If you were a bookworm while getting an education, you'll most likely have a mountain of textbooks from your secondary school days to your University days. This is especially true if you attended schools where you cannot use your elder brother's textbooks.

Instead of leaving those old textbooks clutter your life in their dampness; you can assist the educational pursuits of someone who can't afford to buy new textbooks while you also make some money in the process.

5. Tutor or Teach an Individual or Class

If you'd rather not sell your textbooks, you can still make money from those old textbooks by using them to tutor an individual or class. Providing home lessons is not exclusive to teachers and many parents would prefer someone "outside" the class to tutor their kids on difficult subjects.

However, you should be sure of your intellectual prowess and ability to teach before you embark on a tutoring gig. You can be sure that parents want massive ROI for your services and they'll be quick to end the deal if the child is not showing significant improvement.

To be Continued Next Week…

Note: Many of these points sound overly simplistic; yet, the money could tide you over until something better comes up and the connections you'll make is priceless.

Image Credit: blackenterprise.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back